Friday, December 2, 2016

Unfinished Business

Sunflowers-still unfinished

The year will soon come to an end. For an artist in business, that usually that means formulating goals and plans for the coming year.

Surveying my studio today with it's piles of plein air studies and unfinished paintings, it seemed like a metaphor for the current shape of my life. An expanding mixture of duties has meant that many of my intentions for 2016 have only been partially realized. The furniture that crowds the studio while renovations go on in the house, adds to the feeling that my mind too is crowded with unfinished business. 

So, where to now?

Since I know exactly where I want to go, I'm clearing the clutter of everything that doesn't aid me on my path, which means spending much less time on social media, and much less time fact gathering and looking at what other artists are doing.  Obstacles I can do nothing about, I'll patiently ignore. In the space that's left, whatever good I can accomplish will have room to grow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...