Tuesday, January 15, 2013

From the Back Burner - Day 14 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days

It's day 14 of the challenge and for the first time, I've fallen behind. I finally crashed after 13 days of painting til dawn. I made it to 3 AM and with my painting only half done, I went to sleep.
Managing my time is turning out to be for me the most difficult part of this challenge.
I'm still playing with the store-bought linen and canvas panels that I was getting ready to throw in the garbage early in the challenge. I won't buy them again but I have found that they are much easier to work with by using soft sable brushes instead of bristle brushes.
Today, it was dark and grey as ever, but I made an interesting discovery. I took day 13's painting outside to photograph it, and was surprised to find that the colors showed up as well as on a clear day. So, here it is. The photo reference is from the town of Cayucos. Every chance I get to visit the family house in Templeton, I make sure to include a visit to Cayucos and Morro Bay. Have I said how much I like it there? - I'd have moved to the coast yesterday if I had no ties or duties.


Cayucos Sunset - oil on canvas panel - 12x16
click here to purchase

2 comments:

  1. Nice work. I especially like the energy in the water. I visited your website, and really enjoyed viewing your paintings. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roberta! I really appreciate your comments! When I moved to Florida 9 years ago, I saw a perfect opportunity to study water. I'm surrounded by every possible kind.I didn't realize until a buyer recently pointed it out, that most of my paintings have water in them!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...