Wednesday, January 23, 2013

From the Back Burner - Day 11 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days


The gymnastics I went through today to photograph my challenge paintings, would have done Bela Karolyi proud. The light has been throwing so much glare on the paintings that the colors don't show up properly. Today I found myself balancing atop a chair, while clutching the tripod and trying to shoot the work flat on the ground. Still no luck. So until I set up a new photography station, I won't be posting these paintings on my web page.
For today's challenge painting, I chose a photo from my absolute favorite place to be - the central California coast. It's a different experience for my east coast eyes, to see the sun set over the ocean. Another thing that fascinates me is the way the waves come in from way far out with a lot of space between them and over such a far reaching expanse of sand, that you can walk way out and still be only ankle deep in water. At sunset, the show is especially spectacular. It's like walking through liquid jewels in a dazzling light. Magical! What I would give to be able to spend months out there!

West Coast Sunset - oil on canvas panel - 11x14
$325
Here is yesterday's challenge piece. Please contact me if you are interested in either piece.


Afternoon Shadows - oil on canvas panel - 7x9
purchase this painting


1 comment:

  1. Thank you Prabha! I finally discovered that some grey days still have good enough light for photography.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...