Friday, January 17, 2014

Back Again!

I can just about forget about this challenge- I've missed so many days. One thing I like about being part of the Friday painting group, Plein Air Painters of Pensacola, is that I know I will get out to paint at least one day a week, despite commitments that might keep me in my studio otherwise.

Today was a gorgeous day in Pensacola. Cool, but far from the frigid temperatures of two weeks ago. Ordinarily, I do not like painting buildings as a subject, but this year I've resolved to paint everything to see what I can learn from it. In keeping with my plan, I painted quickly trying to grasp color and value relationships. 

Though a lot of the plein air sketches I've done for this challenge have been scraped down and not posted I can see how a year spent doing daily quick studies could be really beneficial.

That is the challenge I set for myself.


2 comments:

  1. I have shut down my 30 in 30 challenge too. I did it last year but realized this year things are different. I have several larger paintings to paint and my schedule is a bit erratic. I decided that it is just fine. Like you, I am doing a lot of quick studies and pushing myself as well. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks R.L.! Things are so very different this year than last.I'm staying very focused on my personal goals and anything that doesn't advance them is going by the wayside. It sounds like you have a clear idea too of where you're going with your art too.Best of luck in this year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...