Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Revisiting Old Friends

I once read that Degas would rework finished paintings until he was happy with them, even taking them off clients walls after they had been sold. I've been reworking some of my larger pieces that I wasn't entirely happy with. This 30x40 of a place in Big Sur, is one of them. It needed some simplification and a greater sense of distance on the rock outcropping out in the water. It's better now but I still want to study it for a few days to see if it needs anything else.

Looking West
Thought the color was too bright in it's original version, it's a bit washed out in this iPhone photo. I'll have to photograph it with a real camera before adding it back to my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...