Friday, February 1, 2013

From the Back Burner - Day 30 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days

Today's painting is the last one I'll be posting for Leslie Saeta's painting challenge. It's been an amazing and productive month. I met a lot of fellow artists and discovered that I can work faster and looser. I still prefer to work larger but this was such a valuable experience that I'm going to continue making small works along with the larger ones. My new goal is 4 paintings a week and I'll continue posting them, and talking about them.
I'd love to go outdoors to paint but it's been too cold here in New Jersey. The photo I chose to work from is from the Grand Canyon. I was like a crazy woman with the camera so there are many I could have chosen, but I really liked the abstract shapes the canyon rocks made in this photo and their blue and orange colors. I originally had it blocked as a completely abstract design. I could have left it that way but I wanted to see what I could make of it. Hope you like it!


Canyon Rocks - 9x12 - oil on linen panel
click here if interested

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...