Tuesday, January 1, 2013

From the Back Burner

Tomorrow begins a 30 paintings in 30 days challenge. For artists reading this who would like to join in, here is the link.
http://lesliesaeta.blogspot.com/
I am typically a slow and thoughtful painter. I build my studio paintings up in layers,scraping off and adding until I get the effect I'm after. Even in my plein air works, I'll return to the site as many times as is needed to finish. Or, if the painting won't benefit from a return visit, I'll finish it to my satisfaction in the studio. The painting below is an example of that approach.


October Gold- 16x24- oil on canvas
to purchase, contact Patina Art Gallery- 215 327 7387

To paint 30 paintings in 30 days means a complete departure from my usual working method. Will I have to work smaller? Sketchier? Faster? I don't know. I do know that I'm going to use this opportunity to explore ideas I've left on the back burner. Photos I've taken that I thought might make a good painting and then forgot about, are on the easel. Paintings I've started then set aside are also candidates for the challenge. Finally, those interesting spots I've driven past so many times and thought someday...
So, starting tomorrow,  these paintings will appear daily on this blog and on my website http://www.theresagrillolairdfineart.com. For the month of January they will be available for purchase. After that, who knows.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...