Thursday, January 3, 2013

From the Back Burner -Day 2 0f 30 paintings in 30 days

Life can take you on unexpected journeys. My life has landed me unexpectedly up north away from my home and husband in Florida. Every two months I go home for a visit. Last October, I was just in time on my visit to catch the very last of the swimming weather. While exploring the dunes near Pensacola Beach, I came upon a patch of beach scrub topped with bright yellow flowers. Against the dark green of the holly and oaks that covered the dunes, the bright yellow made an intriguing patchwork of light and dark shapes. It's funny how something will trigger long dormant memories, but the colors and shapes reminded me of a favorite set of wooden blocks I had as a young child that were exactly those same colors. Happy colors, happy sunlight and the pleasure of strolling though a beautiful place on an autumn day!


Sundrenched Dunes - oil on canvas - 11x14
click here to purchase

4 comments:

  1. Great art work I love your colors that you use they are spot on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger! The white sand of our beaches is lots of fun to paint. It reflects a lot of color depending on the time of day.

      Delete
  2. Great design and love the colors.
    I also really like the name of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie! I have to give my husband credit for the name. It's so great having a supportive spouse!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...