Monday, January 14, 2013

From the Back Burner - Day 13 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days

Day 13.  Different day, same story. I couldn't photograph my work. It was so dark and grey today that I've had lights on inside all day. I've never lived in a place that is grey and overcast the majority of the time. No wonder everyone here is on vitamin D. I miss my Florida sunshine!
 For day 13, I did another painting of the west coast. I chose a scene with buildings, a feature I don't paint very often. Also different in this painting is that I used a sable brush for a lot of the painting rather than the usual bristle brush. The soft brush glides over the surface in a really nice way  but It doesn't create the same textural effects that a bristle brush does. The surface is definitely flatter. Hopefully I'll get enough light to shoot the painting tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...