Friday, December 28, 2012

Getting Ready for 2013

 My holiday travel is over and I'm getting ready to get back to work.  Earlier in the month I traveled home to Florida where I finished a teaching contract, delivered artwork to a gallery, finished consolidating the contents of two houses, rehearsed and sang a duet at my church, and spent some holiday time with my husband and family. It was  a busy two weeks! Now I'm ready to get the paints out again and get to work.

Usually, I work fairly large like this 30x40 of a spot close to my house. These larger paintings tend to take a while to execute especially if they're done entirely in the studio rather than plein air.
Sand Dunes and Fences -30x40 -oil on canvas
to purchase, contact Patina Art Gallery- 251 928 2718


 Lately I've been feeling the need to search for more in the process of painting. I can sense exactly what I'm looking for even if I can't quite articulate it. In addition to the larger pieces, I've started making smaller pieces so that the start to finish process happens faster and my eyes stay fresher.  More paintings means more freedom to try new palettes, different working methods and new ways of translating what I see and feel, into paint on the canvas.
To start the new year off, I'll be participating in a 30 paintings in 30 days challenge. Watch this space every day in January for the results. It's going to be fun and for the perfectionist I am, it's going to be a challenge to step away from each painting at the end of the day. For any artists wanting to join in, here's the information. Happy painting!
 http://www.lesliesaeta.blogspot.com/2012/12/thirty-paintings-in-thirty-days.html?m=1


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...