Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Perfect Studio

How I envie those artists with studios larger than my house! I imagine myself in those glossy art magazine photos of huge gleaming studios with views of expansive vistas. The great works of art I could make in such a setting!

I'm currently working under unusual conditions in a corner of a tiny bedroom. If I step back, I'm likely to step on the cat who lives there. Yet I've managed to complete three paintings and even made a breakthrough discovery in one.


Toes in the Sand ©Theresa Grillo Laird - oil on canvas- 18x24


So, what makes a perfect studio?... the artist within it. More specifically, the mindset of the artist within it. If you can find within you the focus to keep working no matter what the obstacles, any "studio" is the perfect studio.

And yes, I'm still working towards that big beautiful hardwood floored gallery/studio high in the mountains overlooking the coast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...